Welcome to my blog about Enamels & Enameling of Cloisonne Jewelry, Plique a Jour, Champleve and many other Enamel Jewelry Techniques. This site is a donation of everyones time to further the education of the fine art of enameling.
Each Topic on the left of this page is a chapter that is constantly growing as I add demos and information to them. So visit often and learn the beautiful art of Cloisonne and many other Enamel techniques.
Are you a member of the Enamelist Society? If you saw their latest newsletter it is amazing how many enameling classes of Cloisonne, Champleve, Plique a Jour, Enameling and many other! There are hundreds of enameling classes around the country.
I started enameling in 1992. There was one book that I was aware of and now there are dozens. Also dozens of youtube videos. So if you are interested in learning there are many resources out there for you.
I create Gold Enamel Jewelry, from my own designs and custom enamel jewelry. It is wonderful to help a client design a unique piece of jewelry that is like no one else’s. I don’t know about you but I do not like to look like everyone else. I am a unique individual and want what I wear to say so. If you ever want to take your enamel jewelry, plique a jour or cloisonné jewelry to the next level do not hesitate to contact me to help. I only create the finest enamel jewelry.
Come join me:
—The Denver School of Metal Arts in Denver Colorado, July 25 – 29, 2014, for a week Class in the Beautiful Art of Cloisonne! Here is a link to the school and registration is open. http://www.metalartschool.com You will need to call to register 303-428-3162
If you have studied with me before you know you will bring your own designs and desires. I will demo a couple of projects and help you bring your image of cloisonné to life.
—The Craft Guild of Dallas, October 3-5 2014, Introduction to Plique a Jour Enameling
My KILNS for enameling and other artist needs. Jewelers, potters, glass work, and PMC Kilns. They are hot, fast, portable and most affordable. Kilns with 5 Star reviews!
Here is a quick view of our 55F-TEW model. This is the 5 x 5 interior with a digital controller and a window. I have just launched my dedicated website for these kilns. Check it out here Kilns
We just had our first International order ship! Very exciting.
Two great artist of the enameling world need to the recognized for their talent, love, and dedication!
Mr Carpenter of Thompson’s Enamel is 98. He provided us with beautiful leaded enamels for decades and in the 90′s converted these to unleaded enamels. He started the magazine Glass on Metal to unite artist to learn and share their work. And was the founder of the Enamel Society. Many thanks to Mr Carpenter!
Valeri Timofeev is the Master of all Maters of Plique a jour visit him http://valeritimofeevenamels.com Sadly Mr Valeri Timofeev past, Jan 4 2014.
Some of you remember BP’s Oil Spill of 2011, Deep Water Horizon? I thank the many jewelry artist that donated to “Jewelers for the Gulf”
And here is a group following up on that responsibility of BP. In 2013 GRN was formed by www.healthy gulf.org to continue monitoring the cleanup and recruiting support for the Gulf plagued marine waters, coast, and communities. One of their proud sponsors is Aveda. Check out your local salon for Earth Month activities as they donate for clean water.
A note from the Cousteau Family,
The Jean-Michel Cousteau Dispatch
Earth Day 2014 Issue
As we enjoy Earth Day celebrations taking place around the world this week, we at Ocean Futures Society feel it is a golden opportunity to remind us all that the land and the sea are bound together in one Earth.
May we all honor our water planet on this special day with some of the following suggestions:
- Cook a sustainable feast of fish and locally harvested fruits and vegetables for family and friends; but please do not serve bluefin tuna, shark, farmed salmon, or any other seafood on the RED list of Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Guide.
- Think Reusable from grocery bags to water bottles; eliminate single use plastic in your life to minimize environmental impacts and to save you money…save more money by using stainless steel water bottles and reusable shopping bags.
- Enjoy an aquatic adventure: grab a kayak, mask/snorkel or jump aboard a whale watching boat, but PLEASE do not spend your money at a theme park that keeps orcas or other dolphins and whales in captivity. There are so manyenvironmentally friendly aquatic adventures to enjoy on your Earth Day or summer vacation.
- Dive in to volunteer with a marine conservation organization.
- Shop for eco-friendly products and support those companies that are giving back to ocean conservation efforts
- Educate yourself about the ocean and its marine life. “People protect what they love.” Jacques-Yves Cousteau
The more you know about the issues endangering our oceans, the more you will be able to ensure its health.
- Share with a friend what’s going on with the world’s oceans and what they can do to make a difference. Spread the word and join OFS on Facebook and Twitter and tell a friend….OFS membership is free.