The Hibiscus are chased on 18k gold. Then the surface is depleted by heating to 800 degrees and dipped in nitric acid repeated times until there is no fire scale. A layer of flux for gold is applied which is Bovano #2 then the red enamel in two layers.
- Building a Good Foundation
- Champleve Jewelry Techniques
- Cloisonne and Enamel Jewelry Repairing
- Cloisonne Jewelry Techniques
- Custom Works
- Enameling Metals, and Demos
- Enameling on Brass
- Enameling Tools and Supplies and Resources
- Enamels, Properties, Firing Times and Color Charts
- Get Involved!
- Grisaille Enameling
- Painting Enamels
- Plique a Jour Jewelry Techniques